Twitter / atb20

Monday, May 30, 2005

it's memorial day...

...and i'm at work! yuck. walking across campus you could hear a pin drop it's so darn quiet here. hell, you could almost hear a pin drop on broadway this morning. so sucks to be here... what made it even worse is that the trains are running on holiday schedules, so they only come like once every 20 minutes (and that's how long i usually give myself to get here). when i finally got to my building, i found it locked and unwilling to accept my id as adequate proof that i work here. i actually didn't mind the walk across campus to get security to let me in because it meant i had another ten minutes of beautiful, sunny outdoor weather before climbing into my underground bunker. my boss actually said that if there were a nuclear attack on new york, he would actually seek shelter in our office -- that's how bad it is. he suggested stocking up on flashlights and canned soup...

in order to bring a little joy to my memorial monday, i'm attaching this adorable pic of izzy. pink yumminess...

No comments: