Twitter / atb20

Monday, August 27, 2007

cake

coconut cake
i like cake... though after four days of picking at the same cake, i'm almost ready to see it go. this is mil's "happy first week of medical school" cake. doesn't it look delicious? wouldn't you apply to medical school just to have a taste? of course you would.

i'm still hard at work trying to figure out where we're going to live, and mil is still hard at work trying to keep his head above that steadily growing pile of books. apparently medical school isn't all that easy. go figure. i'm doing my best to be a happy, supportive wife, but for those of you who know me well, you know it's not always easy for me to keep my mouth shut... "you want to get up when on saturday morning?" it should really be illegal to set an alarm on a saturday morning unless you have to catch a plane. it's just plain wrong.

while mil and i tough it out in the hot and grimy city, my folks are off to italy for a week of homemade meals and wines fresh from the barrel. after the last few months they deserve the vacation as much as anyone could, but i wouldn't have minded if they stowed me away with their carry-on luggage. but since that didn't happen, i guess i'll have to satisfy myself with this leftover cake.

No comments: